Financial and Operational Analytics LeadFull time @Tarauli posted 4 months ago
Title: Financial and Operational Analytics Lead
Location: United States
Full-time, Exempt | Remote – United States
We’re revolutionizing the fitness & wellness industry, and we’re looking for talented people to help us do it. Mindbody + ClassPass bring together the best of both sides of the market: Mindbody is the industry’s most trusted all-in-one technology platform; ClassPass is one of the most popular apps for fitness & self-care enthusiasts. Together we’re partnering with more than 70,000 fitness studios, gyms, salons, and spas around the world. We’re not just another tech company—we’re far and away the leader of our industry. So join the team, work with mission-led people, and enjoy amazing benefits. Let’s see what we can accomplish together!
About the right team member
Mindbody is looking for a Financial and Operational Analytics Lead to join our company and lead business-critical analytical workstreams at an exciting and transformational time in our business. This role sits on our Financial & Operational Analytics team, a small analytics SWAT team that acts as an internal consultancy, performing in-depth data analysis and strategic exploration to answer our toughest business questions as prioritized by the company’s Executive Leadership Team. This team member will independently drive workstreams utilizing a wide range of analytical skillsets and capabilities – building Excel models, writing SQL queries, designing and consulting on A/B tests, conducting user research – working in close coordination with executive leaders and team members from all functions across the company. Our ideal team member thrives at synthesizing large amounts of information and “cutting through” to strategic insights and succinct business recommendations in a highly dynamic environment.
List of responsibilities
- Generate hypotheses, then evaluate via structured analyses that distill data and business/financial models into synthesized insights for consumption by executive-level leaders
- Complete ad hoc analyses in partnership with key business stakeholders with flexibility and ownership mentality detail (i.e., “do the work, but also shape the work”), utilizing an array of different analytical skillsets (Excel modeling, SQL queries, secondary research, surveys/consumer research, outside-in competitive analyses, A/B testing)
- Support insight delivery to company leadership and Board of Directors via structured and synthesized communications (i.e., write punchy and succinct emails that evidence principles of strong executive communication, build well-polished Powerpoint decks with highly effective data visualizations, anticipate questions and follow-ups)
- Support recommendations with rigorous and traceable scenario and what-if analyses (i.e., build error-free Excel models with great hygiene and principles of strong scenario modeling)
- Work cross-functionally with leaders and subject matter experts to ensure that decisions are optimized for maximizing business performance and informed by rigorous data analysis
- Partner closely with FP&A and Business Intelligence teams to champion a culture of data-driven decision making and expand the analytical capabilities of the organization
Skills & experience
- 2-5 years’ work experience; strong preference for management consulting background, but open to all candidates with past experience overseeing analysis of strategic questions at a technology or similar company
- Strong quantitative skills (can be evidenced in many ways – college coursework, prior job experience in a quantitative field, etc.)
- Advanced Excel modeling skills required; experience with other data analysis tools and languages like SQL, R, Python preferred
- Excellent written and visual communication skills; strong ability to clearly communicate analytical insights via slides and written summaries
- Strong interpersonal skills and a flexible, team-oriented attitude; willingness to quickly pivot to new projects as required by business needs
It is Mindbody’s intent to pay all Team Members competitive wages and salaries that are motivational, fair and equitable. The goal of Mindbody’s compensation program is to be transparent, attract potential employees, meet the needs of all current employees, and encourage Team Members to stay with our organization.
Actual compensation packages are based on several factors that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, depth of experience, certifications, and specific work location.
The base salary range for this position in the United States is $115,000-$135,000. The total compensation package for this position may also include performance bonus, stock, benefits and/or other applicable incentive compensation plans